WordPress is getting more and more popular each day, nobody can guarantee that your WordPress installation is 100% secure. Securing your WordPress blog is the most important thing that you must do after you have set it up on your server.
Before you read on, you need to know about Checklist to Improve WordPress Security
- Encrypt your login
- Stop brute force attack
- Use a strong password
- Protect your wp-admin folder
- Remove WordPress version info, WordPress Error-Messages
- Hide your plugins folder
- Change your login name
- Upgrade to the latest version of WordPress and plugins
- Do a regular security scan
- Backup your WordPress database
- Define user privilege
There are many WordPress Plugins which help you in securing your Blogs, I will share some tips, tricks and resources which will surely help you to secure and lock down your WordPress site and to fortify it from unwarranted attacks.