You will wondering why I write this post because I’m running our networks on Digital Ocean. Yes, it’s hard to manage a VPS for who you are begginer or don’t know too much about system management. So suggest that you getting a hosting service instead start from the begining. We were all newbies at one point, right? Continue read on!
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to start WordPress blog that over 100 people who has sent me an email and they have now used to start blogging properly!
We Recommend A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting’s blazing fast WordPress Hosting, can make sure you don’t fall victim to slow hosting. Your account comes hosted on their SwiftServer platform, and they feature blazing fast SSDs with page load speeds up to 300% faster than competing hosts.
As a NARGA.NET Reader, A2 Hosting has an amazing limited time offer for our readers. You will SAVE 51% off first billing cycle with coupon code FAST51.
Click here to go to A2 Hosting and start your own blog by following the tutorial below.
Let’s Get Started
Choosing WordPress as Blogging Platform
Obviously WordPress is the most popular, and there are many more common choices, but I’m not sure what will fit our needs the best. It’s easy to get your blog started if you choose a hosting service, and even if you host WordPress yourself there are hosts (such as HostGator, GoDaddy, InMotion or WP Engine) that offer one-click installations of the software, you don’t need to know how to write code or design web pages to start a blog.
WordPress offers two different blogging platforms: WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
Purchase Your Own Domain Name
The first thing you need to do is to choose a domain name. Choosing a good domain can be tough. I bought this domain on GoDaddy. If you already own the domain you can follow the next steps.
Why I choosed A2Hosting as Hosting Service for Beginner Bloggers?
There are a hundreds of hosting services available. However, based on my experience and research, I recommend A2Hosting.
A2 Hosting have developed a WordPress Hosting plugin named A2 Optimized exclusive to their customers. It auto-optimizes installs so they load 6X faster than WordPress sites not using it.
So you want to start a blog but don’t know where to start? With A2Hosting, starting a blog is not as difficult as it seems. And by moving to A2 Hosting, you are already solving over 50% of your speed problems.
Note: I recommend the 24 month plan, which is the best deal to SAVE 51% off first billing cycle with coupon code FAST51 on A2Hosting
I’m going to show you how to do a WordPress install by yourself but you can always ask A2 Hosting to do it for you.
- WordPress auto-installed right from our order form! Once you purchase your hosting account, you’ll receive an email detailing where to log in. It couldn’t be faster or easier!
- Use the 1-click Softaculous installer found in your cPanel control panel.
To install WordPress using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Software/Services section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type wordpress and then press ENTER.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Blogs, and then click WordPress.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Table Prefix text box, type the database table prefix, or accept the default value.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. By default, the site name appears in the title bar of users’ web browsers when they visit your site.
- In the Site Description text box, type the site description. By default, the site description also appears in the title bar of users’ web browsers when they visit your site.
- To enable the WordPress Multisite feature (also known as WordPress Multiuser or WPMU), select the check box.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password’s strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- In the Select Language list box, select the default language for the application.
To limit the number of login attempts, select the Limit Login Attempts check box.
Limiting the number of login attempts can help increase the security of your WordPress installation.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To automatically update the application when updates are available, select the Auto Upgrade check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application’s configuration.
That’s it! You are now the owner of a brand new, bouncing baby blog. Congratulations!
Disclaimer: I earn a small commission if you choose to use A2 Hosting. I wouldn’t recommend them if I didn’t think they were awesome for all the reasons I stated above. Thank you for using the links in this post.
1 thought on “How to Start WordPress Blog in 10 Minutes for Beginners”
WOW, nice article. WordPress is definitely my favorite CMS and I use it every day. I would add that WordPress can be easily installed even without control panel and auto-installer.
Comments are closed.